About Me

Hi,

My name is Darren Parker, I am 19 years old, and I am a sophomore at Linn-Benton Community College. I am majoring in accounting, which is a field I have always been interested in. I enjoy dealing with numbers and finances, so accounting seemed like the perfect field for me. I also am working at a family owned pizza place in my hometown whenever I'm not doing homework or going to class. 

This term at LBCC I am taking 4 classes that I am almost mentally ready to take on. One of the classes that I am actually looking forward to is my Principles of Marketing class. Although it was next in line of the many classes I need to take in order to reach my degree, I have always been fascinated with the marketing side of businesses. Marketing is a part of what I have seen my family handle at the pizza place and I am excited to see the connections between the class and work.

In my free time I like to listen to music and play video games. I grew up with a Wii and I loved games like Super Smash Bros and Resident Evil 4. Today I am currently playing The Forest with my little brother on PS4 and I am hoping to be able to upgrade to the PS5 someday soon. Music is also a big part of my life as I feel it is a big part of how I connect with my family, girlfriend, and friends. I have currently been listening to a lot of alternative rock but my favorite genre changes quite frequently as I meet new people and find new music. 

This year I am hoping to find my next favorite song, learn new things in school, and hopefully finally get that PS5. Cheers to what will hopefully be a great year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Listening

Marketing in the News